Monday, March 11, 2019

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AS A RUNNER - 'NOIR-MAN'

On the 10th March 2019, I was able to have the role as a runner for an up and coming film named 'Noir-Man' which was invested in by Warner Bros. Due to protection purposes, I'm not able to share any images from the day as the film is not yet released and therefore information musn't be shared as of yet.

However, the day was an great experience for myself to learn more about film and how it is actually created and produced. The day began at 1pm. I arrived and introduced myself to the film crew and had conversations with everybody to understand their roles and learn about what they do. I worked closely to the AD Director named Bob who's job was to ensure all filming was completed in time with the call sheet so everything was kept on schedule. I also worked alongside the sound director and camera man - helping them move equipment around and ensuring they were organised. After doing so, the first half of the afternoon was a compilation of 4 shots inside a bar which was rented out for the filming. This took a total of 4 hours which made me realise and consider how long it actually takes to film a full movie. 

This took me up to 5pm when I had dinner with the rest of the crew. After eating and having an hours break with everybody, it was time to shoot the second half of the planned shots. This time it was outside under a tunnel. I was extremely active during the first hour of setting up as so much equipment was needed to be brought outside and down another road in order to shoot the second half of the day. Once the crew was set, I started as a member of the security team, making sure no pedestrians passed and made noise when shooting was taking place down the tunnel. Towards the last 2 hours, I was appointed the role of looking after the main actor for the day - Richard Glover (involved in Star Wars: Rogue One and Bad Education). As it was freezing cold outside, I had to ensure that between takes Richard Glover was warm enough and I also was in charge of costumes and communication between him and the crew.

The shoot was wrapped at 9pm. Everything planned had been completed and my work was nearly done. I helped clear up the equipment and load it into vans to be driven off after the day for the last hour. I then left the site at 10pm.

The day overall was an brilliant experience for myself which many won't be able to get. Working with such experienced crew and actors is something I'd never do especially at my age. I learnt so much about different roles and how much detail and effort is put into every individual shot. I will soon have my own IMDb profile as I have now been involved in the film world. I have also gained many fantastic contacts who said they'd keep in contact with me in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment